Monday, July 16, 2012

54in Rc Apache Race Boat Build Part 1B The Engine

54in Rc Apache Race Boat Build Part 1B The Engine Tube. Duration : 4.53 Mins.


Didn't want to call this part 2 just yet... This video is just about the Briggs and Stratton 40cc 4-stroke engine that I'm going to be putting in my rc boat... (if you haven't already seen part 1, check it out!) the hull is coming along nicely, although slowly. The engine makes about 2hp and revs to around 8000rpm... I know that a 2-stroke would make that power with a smaller size, but I have only ever seen two other rc boats here on YouTube that used a 4-stroke... so I thought I'd try something (relatively) new for the rc boat world! Also, because of it's large displacement, it should even make much more torque than a 26cc 100billion hp engine... ;) It runs on premium gas and doesn't need to be mixed with any oil - just 3oz of synthetic in the crankcase! At the end of the video I show that it burned some oil... my bad... I had slightly too much in it and it was burning off during a test run... however, after a clean and inspection, it is running really well again! Sorry about the shaky video... I'm using my Canon Power Shot A590IS and the "image stabilization" part of it is pretty bad... I'm using a DSLR Canon T3 Rebel in my newer videos though, so expect better quality and video effects! Subscribe for future updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment